During this epidemic, Coldwell Banker Rizzo Mattson Realtors® remains open, able to serve ALL your real estate needs while operating within strict government health guidelines. Here’s how.
Since mid-March a great unexpected change has upended all our lives. During these extremely painful and challenging times, we want you to know that Coldwell Banker Rizzo Mattson Realtors® —as an “essential business” in the State of Maine—remains open to serve all your home-buying and home-selling needs. We do this by rigorously adhering to all CDC and Maine state health guidelines for how real estate operations are to be conducted during this period.
Although our Augusta office is temporarily closed to the public, all of our essential operations continue, and all of our agents are continually available to assist you via phone, text, and email. COVID-19 has temporarily changed our world, but nothing will ever change our commitment to meet your real estate needs.
New Safety & Health Guidelines for Realtors, Home Buyers, and Home Sellers
To allow professionals such as Coldwell Banker Rizzo Mattson Realtors® to keep you and our employees safe during this time, the state of Maine has issued the following guidelines for Residential and Commercial Realtors. Because we care deeply about the safety and well-being of you, our employees, and our community as a whole, we strictly follow each of these critical new guidelines:
Residential Real Estate Guidelines:
· Agents and buyers narrow down houses to only a select few to “view”
· Real estate agent goes to the property and uses technology to “live stream” out to the buyer
· Real estate agent to wear face covering and foot covering when entering the properties
· Buyer selects one house and then can do a walk-through with the approval of the seller
· Buyer and Real Estate Agent wear cloth face covering, foot covering and gloves while doing walk-through
· All required paperwork to be done electronically
· Inspections will be completed by the building inspector only. Building inspectors will wear cloth face covering, foot covering and gloves when entering the properties
· Appraisers use all efforts to not enter the home. If entering the property is necessary, appraiser to wear face covering, foot covering and gloves
· Closing to be done using as many social-distancing practices as possible
Commercial Real Estate Guidelines:
(Multi-Unit Properties of More Than 4 Units)
· Showings will only be done virtually by the listing agent
· Listing agent to wear cloth face covering, foot covering and gloves when entering the properties
· Inspections will be completed by the building inspector only; no other parties may enter the property at that time
· Building inspectors will wear cloth face covering, foot covering and gloves when entering the property
PLEASE NOTE: In some municipalities, restrictions on business may present greater limitations than the guidelines established by the Governor's office.
Empowering You with Continued Assistance and Helpful Information Updates
In the coming days and weeks, we invite you to see Coldwell Banker Rizzo Mattson Realtors® as a continual source of real estate and community support as we all work together to get to “the other side” of this epidemic. As part of this mission, we recently posted for you the blogs “Preparing to Sell Your House While Sheltering in Place” and “COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures”. Please be watching for other future postings of real estate, financial, and housing information and updates as we strive to be a good neighbor to you during this challenging time, and beyond. And also please remember: We are ALWAYS here for you—just a phone call or email away—whenever you need friendly, professional assistance.