Whether this will be your first or fiftieth year living here, there is always something new to try out. That's why we've put together this list of 25 things to do during your summer vacation in Maine, so you can make this summer your best one yet!
1. Spend a morning taking in the sights and smells of the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
2. Spend a long weekend camping with your family on Hermit Island.
3. Watch the sunset over a gorgeous Maine lake.
4. Spend the weekend at the Yarmouth Clam Festival - it's always the 3rd Friday in July!
5. Go to a drive-in theatre, but bring a blanket. It's likely to be chilly.
6. Visit the Victoria Mansion in Portland.
7. Take in the sights on Cape Elizabeth - including the world's most photographed lighthouse.
8. Visit L.L. Bean headquarters in Freeport and take a picture with the giant boot.
9. Go on a moose-sighting hunt in Baxter State Park.
10. While you are there, be sure to climb Mount Katahdin.
11. If you are feeling adventurous, check out that Burnt Meadow Mountain trail for a great hike.
12. Grab a few friends and spend the day canoeing on the lake. Try not to fall in!
13. Check out the lobster shack in your town that you've always been meaning to try.
14. Take the kids and drive to see the world's largest blueberry in Columbia Falls.
15. Explore your cultured side and take in the exhibits at the Portland Museum of Art.
16. See a play at the Ogunquit Playhouse.
17. Take a day trip out of Portland to tour the Casco Bay Islands with a real sea captain!
18. Turn an afternoon into date night and attend a wine tasting with your significant other.
19. Enjoy an afternoon at Sand Beach in Acadia National Park.
20. If shopping is your thing, the Kittery Trading Post is a gem. Kittery is also home to some of the best outlet shops in the country. It's a great place to spend your summer vacation in Maine.
21. Take to Maine's waterways and spend an afternoon sailing on a Windjammer or Schooner.
22. Grab the family, head to the park, and enjoy a picnic in the temperate Maine summer.
23. Spend an afternoon fishing in one of Maine's many lakes with your buddies.
24. Enjoy a family visit to the Justa Alpaca Farm in Farmington, Maine.
25. Visit New England's only desert, just outside of Freeport.
If you are looking for a place to call home during your summer vacation in Maine, contact us today!