Are you thinking of selling your home? We know it can be a stressful time, so we've put together these quick tips for sellers to make your life easier. As you begin to meet with your Realtor and prepare your Maine home for the market, make sure to keep this home closing checklist handy so you don't forget anything!
As soon as you sign the contract:
- If you can, address your most important repair concerns during negotiations.
- Give your Realtor your mortgage and credit information (including your pre-approval letter and contact information for your lender).
Before the home inspection:
- Deep clean your home. If this seems overwhelming, consider having it done professionally.
- Make plans to be away from the property that day, but keep your phone handy to answer any questions.
- Provide your Realtor with keys and entry codes to any areas that aren't immediately accessible, as he or she can be present at the inspection as your representative.
Three weeks before you close:
- Look over the inspection contingency and make the agreed upon repairs.
- Let you Realtor know two or three closing times that are convenient for you.
- Reserve your moving truck or service.
Two weeks before you close:
- Submit your change of address application to the post office.
- Inform your doctors, family, colleagues, etc. of your new address.
- Notify your utility companies, lawn services, Internet provider, etc. of your move and schedule the respective disconnect dates.
One week before you close:
- Locate information the new homeowner will need such as appliance manuals, warranties, etc.
- Ensure you have the receipts for all repairs stipulated in the contract. Make copies and give them to your Realtor.
On the day you close:
- Make sure you bring your photo ID, as well as any other documentation requested by either your Realtor or the closing attorney.
- Give the homebuyer your phone number or new address, just in case they receive any mail meant for you.
- As soon as the title/deed has successfully been transferred, feel free to call your insurance company and cancel/modify your homeowners insurance.
We hope our home closing checklist will help reduce the stress of selling your Maine home. As always, we at Coldwell Banker Rizzo Mattson, Realtors are here to help you in anyway you need. Call us at (207) 622 -9000 today!